Former Starehe MP Margaret Wanjiru has spoken out for the first time since being admitted to hospital with the COVID-19 disease.
Addressing journalists at the Aga Khan University Hospital on Saturday, the former lawmaker revealed that she was taken to hospital not knowing she had contracted the virus.
“I had food poison on a Sunday. When I went to the hospital, I did not go for COVID-19, didn’t sneeze or cough but I have walked out of this hospital COVID-19 free,” she said.
She further noted that two of her grand children and six of her staff members are in quarantine.
“I was in the hospital and my grandchildren were in the same hospital and we never met,” she added.
Margaret Wanjiru was admitted to hospital on May 22 with reports indicating that she had been placed on supplementary oxygen – a condition used to describe someone who can breath on their own but has low oxygen levels in blood.
On that day, she was among among 41 new cases of coronavirus registered in Nairobi: Runda estate, where Margaret Wanjiru resides, had nine cases at the time.
CS Kagwe urged Kenyans to decline ‘unnecessary’ visits especially in homes where there are young children.
“If you have a baby – be very careful. Especially if you are a young mother or father. Do not encourage any visitors let them stay at their houses for a change,” he said.
Kenya has so far reported 1,745 cases of coronavirus with 438 people having recovered from the disease.
Credit: Source link